Wednesday, April 05, 2006

House Plans

Hey family,

Our house plans are coming along! We purchased a 3/4 acre lot here in Hamilton in a new subdivision called Daly Estates. We will be building a 1700 sq ft home on a full basement. On the 15th of this month the owners are meeting to discuss when we can start building. We think it will be the beginning of July. Joe will be the general contractor so we will be able to save a lot of money.

Speaking of money...the way we are able to afford this venture is through a loan program designed specifically for Montana teachers. Joe and I were the first ones to apply in the State of Montana so we are kind of the guinea pigs. This is a Shared Appreciation Mortgage (SAM) so we will be able to have low payments...the kind a school teacher can afford. We are so excited that we have been accepted! We only have $200,000 to build with so it's gonna be tough considering the lot was about $65,000. You do the math. Thankfully, Joe has a lot of connections around the valley and did I mention...tons of family!!! This will be the busiest summer Joe has seen as he is still working on his Master's degree too! Wish us luck!

In the meantime, we have been looking for a place to rent because our lease was supposed to be up in June which meant we had to move in May because of basketball camps, school, building a house, etc. We prayed that something would work out and it did! The owners of this house decided to prolong their stay by about 6 months so now we won't have to move until our new house is completed!! Coincidence? I think not. I know and am so thankful that our prayers were answered in this miraculous way!

I was talking to Bets the other day and filling her in on this and she mentioned that I should put it on the blog. Sometimes I assume everyone knows what's going on in my life. Duh! So that's what's going on here. And the best news of all....Super Walmart is coming to Hamilton!!!!! Civilization at last will be arriving!

Hope everyone has a great day! Keep on blogging!

Love, Allie

1 Comments:

Blogger Jordan & Julie said...

Congrats on the house. We are so excited for you all. It was good to hear from you!
Jordan

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home