Ahh, the Little Things in Life!
This past week Joe seemed more stressed out than usual. He commented in passing that his classroom was a disaster. Also in passing, I replied that I would take care of it. The next day, true to my word, I showed up during his prep hour. He wasn’t kidding…his classroom was a disaster! There were games, flashcards, instruction manuals to cameras, ungraded assignments and tests, newspapers…you get the idea. I spent an hour getting everything organized and in its place. He was so appreciative and was able to catch up on a lot of stuff. When he came home that night he told me that shortly after I had finished, the principal came to his next class to do a surprise evaluation! He had a stellar evaluation and even had a tidy classroom on top of it! A little certainly went a long way at just the right time that day!
Also, I wanted to share a little thing that made me laugh a long time. I was having a stressful day and was pretty cranky. As I was preparing dinner Will was entertaining the baby. Will was singing to Kristen a very familiar lullaby…Hush Little Baby. However, here is what he sang in his sweetest voice ever:
“Hush little baby don’t say a word. Papa’s gonna buy you a mocking bird. If that mocking bird don’t mock.”…
I about died laughing. It creates quite the image doesn’t it? I’m sure that Will thinks this is the weirdest song ever written! We all had a good chuckle and it changed the mood of the whole evening!
So the message for today is just as the song on that tape we played over and over again as children called Best Songs for a Mormon Child….”Do something nice for somebody else!” A little goes a long way!
-allie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home