Update from Jordan
Time for an update.
When it rains it pours! Our hot water heater has been leaking and we didn't know it until we noticed a lot of mold in Ember's room. We fixed the leak, bleached everything to kill the mold and ripped out the carpet. Now we have to come up with the money to refloor her room. Our van transmission is going out, the a/c on the van went out, and the van sprung an oil leak. Our Mitsubishi has an alternator belt that shreds and breaks off about once a week. We have taken it to two machanics who can not figure out what is wrong with it. The Ford's timing belt went out along with a ton of other parts that go with it. The Ford's tires are bald as well and need to be replaced. Our central A/C has been freezing up and we are scheduling an appointment with an A/C repair company to come out and look at it. And to top it off work slowed to a stop for about a week.
God is good! We paid our tithing knowing we would not have enough to pay our mortgage, health insurance and few other bills. We were just waiting for the windows of heaven to open and pour out those blessings. With 2 days left in the month of September my work phone was ringing off the hook with appraisal orders. I had to work on Saturday during General Conference, but I made enough in 3 days to pay our mortgage, health insurance and a few other bills. I got the Ford fixed and new tires thanks to an increase on one of our credit cards. (good to have the car fixed, but not good to go into more debt)
I hyper extended my knee coming down with a rebound playing basketball Tuesday night. I've never done that before, but it sure does hurt. The kids are healthy and so is Julie. I only have 3 more days of Computer classes and I will be done!
I've been exploring the option of getting a pell grant and going back to school to get my Bachelors degree. I filled out the financial aid forms and am just waiting to hear back on my status. (are we poor enough to get help from the Federal Gov.?)
I wish I had better news to report, but our family is for the most part healthy and more important we are happy to be together.
Love you all,
Jordan

1 Comments:
Groan... Just reading about this makes my wallet hurt. Good to know I'm not the only with a house that totally falls apart on a regular basis, needs new carpet, etc. My latest updates is that my dishwasher has become more of a dishrinser. Ggreeaatt. Yet another item to my pending repairs list, which now includes:
- A new roof. (Coming this fall).
- A new furnace.
- New carpet. (I have at least one pet stain per square foot I think.)
- New dishwasher.
I am the lord of my land. If only my land wasn't so 3rd-worldish...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home