Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Little Culture in Montana!

Sometimes I feel like I am living in backwoods USA but this week showed some improvement. While we were in Florida our town went from being a 3 stoplight town to a 5 stoplight town. Of course I am highly irritated because it's not like we have traffic!?!
Anyway, it was brought to my attention that Harrison Ford flew in a few weeks ago simply to eat! He then flew back home on his private jet. The questions remains to be asked.. "Where did he eat?" and "How did he know about Hamilton?"
Well, anytime we get a taste of culture here in Hamilton it makes me giddy. Last night we got to go to a concert of the BYU-Idaho Dance Alliance (Contemporary and Ballroom Dance)! Needless to say, I took the whole family...even Coach Jessop. People are always surprised to see him at cultural events and I can't figure out why. However, after the spectacular performance we all clapped and Will leaned over and said.."Is this just a time out or is it over?" LOL! We all had a good laugh and I realized my children need more culture in their life. They are overwhelmed with football, basketball, etc.
Now for a short update...we are all settling back into a routine after being gone so long. Joe and I celebrated our 12th year anniversary by browsing throught the family scrapbook which included all the Christmas card poetry over the years. It is amazing how time flies! Jansen gets to go to a Missoula Osprey Baseball game this Friday with his friends so he's excited about that. Carlie is learning how to play the piano once again with the help of some new music books mom and dad gave me while at home. Will got to go to a birthday party that was postponed just for him. His friend insisted that they wait till Will got back from Florida! Will also had his Kindergarten shots and had terrible reactions. Poor kid! His arm turned red and itched like mad. We had to ice down the swelling and give him motrin for 3 days! He looks better today. Thank goodness no more shots till Jr High! Joe is getting his classroom ready for a new school year. As for me, I have been going through baby clothes and am trying to figure out where to put everything. Unfortunately the 7 years in a box stained a lot of things so I am trying to figure out which ones are salvageable. Well my raspberry muffins are done so it's time to eat breakfast! FYI: Betsey is trying to come see me for Labor Day. Woohoo!!! Hope everyone has a great day!
Love, Allie

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Hey Allie, you sure do breed some hearty stock up there in Montana! You're poor kids are all going to end up as doctors simply because they've started the 'home study' route so early!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home