I Can See Clearly Now....the Smoke Is Gone!
I almost forgot how close the mountains are! This is the view from our house today. For a few weeks we couldn't see the mountains at all because of all the smoke!
It took 4 LDS Stakes fasting and praying but we finally got the rain we so desperately needed. The smoke from the Idaho forest fires has been settled in our little valley for over three weeks. We have been on a level 2 smoke alert which means the kids have had to stay inside. We have had major cabin fever!! We woke up on Monday morning and could actually see the mountains for the first time in almost a month. The rain and wind blew the smoke away and we can play outside again!!! WOOHOO!
I have never been so grateful for fresh air. We opened all the windows in the house to let the cool fresh air in! We still need to sweep the ash off the trampoline and wash the cars but other than that you would never have known that we had been so socked in by the smoke.
Yesterday was our 14th Wedding Anniversary. Joe got off the jobsite early and took me on the best date ever. He took me golfing and even brought me our nephew's golf clubs which are smaller...just my size. We got a golf cart and whizzed around like teenagers. The golf course was especially beautiful and since the smoke was gone, the view of the mountains seemed more breathtaking than usual! We only golfed 9 holes and I shot a 112!!! LOL! No really go ahead LOL! Not bad for my first round of golf! There is nowhere to go but up! (Actually in golf you want your score to go down.) Afterwards we went out to eat at a new place called the Rib Hut. YUMMO!!
It's hard to believe that so much smoke was here just a few days ago. I hope and pray that soon our lives will "clear up" too. Joe still doesn't have job and for the first time since he was 5 years old, he will not be starting school in the fall. Weird!! This past Sunday, the speaker in sacrament meeting said...."If you want to talk to God, you pray. If you want God to talk to you, you read the scriptures." I have decided to be more diligent in my scripture study because I could really use some divine conversation. I already feel more peace and comfort. Hopefully in a few more weeks I'll be able to sing the words of one of my favorite songs, "I can see clearly now the rain is gone...............It's gonna be a bright..bright... bright sunshiny day!"
love, allie

2 Comments:
Holy Crapola!!!!
14 YEARS?? Are you sure?
It now way seems like it was 14 years ago I wore that teal dress and Caity chucked candy at people! LOL
Your view is awesome! Congrats on your anniversary!
Jordan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home