Monday, July 11, 2005

Lake Como Kids

Hey guys,
I'm still trying to figure out this website and how to add photos. This time I got the photo without the post. So here it is.
This past Friday I took the kids to Lake Como about 15 minutes away. We had a blast! However, it was not my finest mothering moment. We arrived at the Lake only to find out that I had forgotten all of the towels and Carlie's bathing suit! Thankfully my friend Ellen who we met up with had brought an extra towel. Whew! Carlie had to just roll up her sleeves and shorts and have at it though.
Then I put sunscreen on Will and Jansen. I didn't want to fight Carlie on it since she has never burned before. I was the most liberal with sunscreen on Jansen because I knew he would be traveling 6 hours on Sunday to Billings for his basketball camp. We stayed all day at the Lake enjoying the scenery and fun in the sun.
When we got home I was horrified to find out that all 3 kids were toasted! Carlie had her first sunburn..ears and arms. Will burned the backs of his legs. And poor, poor Jansen. He was burned all on his right side of his back and his entire waist line! I felt like the worst mother in the world!
When I went to the pharmacy, they told me that I need to buy new sunblock every year. The stuff I put on Jansen expired in 2003!!!! I could have put Crisco on him and had the same results! Needless to say, we stocked up on aloe. Carlie and Will are fine but Jansen's will take a while. We have been praying for it to heal quickly so I know it will! He is in Billings untill Friday. I can't wait to see how everything went. I miss him so much! Anyway, I'll try to post the sunburn picture if I can. Hopefully it won't gross you out to much!
Love, Allie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home