Book Report: Very Convenient Books


Hey Family!
Kristen is napping finally so I get to blog! I was curious to know what books everyone reads. One of my goals this year is to read a book per month. I have joined a book club that meets monthly but my goal requires that I read something I don't have to read but something I choose to read.
My January book was Glenn Beck's "Inconvenient Book". I loved it! The whole book is "riddled" with ADD moments that were just too funny. I learned a lot but had to skip the chapter on child abuse. I just can't handle even thinking about it. Overall, I thought the book was an easy-read, a page turner, informative, and highly entertaining!
My February book is "Catering to Nobody" by Diane Mott Davidson. She has a whole series of culinary mysteries that I can't wait to read. Normally I shy away from non-lds authors but lately the lds fiction is making me want to gag. There, I said it. I'm very selective about what I read and have been disappointed time and again when I start a non-lds novel that has potential and then they throw in an unnecessary love scene or long lines of profanity. I can handle hearing profanity better than reading it because when you read it, it is your voice saying it in your head. Anyway, I am 3/4 through the aforementioned book and can't put it down! Not to mention, there are yummy recipes throughout the book. I made Holy Moly Guacamole and Dungeon Bars for the Super Bowl party at my neighbors (with a few adjustments). The next book in the series is called "Dying for Chocolate". I can't tell you how long it has been since I have read just for fun.
What are you guys reading? Let us know!
love, allie

1 Comments:
I just finished Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility. The best book ever written.
Before that I finished:
- The Alchemyst
- Fable Haven
- Fable Haven rise of the evening star
- The Spiderwick series
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home