Heavenly Things
Yesterday I was on the phone with my best friend Felicia in Red Lodge and ignored several call waiting beeps. After I got off the phone, I listened to the call-waiting messages. One was from Joe. He was so excited and overwhelmed and was asking me to come to the house to see what was going on. He also asked me to bring a couple dozen drinks and snacks. I left Jansen in charge of the kids and rushed over to our house and there really was a miracle taking place!
As I drove up the culdesac, the road was lined with cars…tons of cars! I pulled up to the house and could see people in and out of the house working hard! Johnny Meuchel had set the forms for our sidewalk, Joe McLean and his son Logan were on the bobcat smoothing out what will be our side and back yard. I walked through the garage to find our home teacher Mike Stoddard with his own personal equipment cutting trim to precise measurements. As I walked through the next door I saw the 2nd
counselor in our Stake Presidency, Russ Hughes, painting the trim around the door. Brother Harris grabbed me and whisked me into the master bathroom and informed me that he was in charge of tiling our shower. After discussing what we need and want I turned around to see that my brothers-in-law Dave and Kent had come earlier and had finished my walk in closet complete with shelves and rods for hanging clothes! I walked down the hall and saw many more men “anxiously engaged” in our cause.
Upstairs in the bonus room was our former Bishop Recht, now in the Stake Presidency, with his wife Liesl and son Harrison applying the caulk to the baseboards. There also I was able to visit with Brian and Steven Hawkes of our bishopric. I went back downstairs and there was Dr. Heath, our Elders Quorum President, in his scrubs…painting the door. Also there participating in our miracle were our former Stake Pres Bob Wischmeier and son Hyrum, as well as Brother Duce rounding out the total of workers to a whopping 16!
I was able to talk to Brett Heath for a bit. Since his brother passed away he has been working on finishing his basement by himself. It has helped him through his grieving process but proved to be a task more monumental than he was capable of. One night a bunch of his friends showed up to help him. They got so much done and it became a very happy experience as they worked together. Brett said that men just don’t know how to ask for help and he figured in light of all that our family is going through that we could use a helping hand! How right he was! I have been praying for someone…anyone…to help Joe but I never expected this!
I am so thankful and don’t have a clue a to how to show my gratitude! By the time they left, almost the whole house was done! They even got the appliances in! Now all that is left is to pour the sidewalk, build steps out the back door, have the carpet guy come and finish tacking down the carpet, hang mirrors in the bathrooms, and tile the shower. These wonderful men were wiling to come and help on a house that we don’t even know if we will be able to live in yet. All these priesthood holders are very busy and I know they don’t get to spend a lot of time with their own families so I feel like the thank you notes should go to the wives!
My only regret is that I didn’t have the foresight to take the kids up there with me so they could see a miracle in motion. They had to rely solely on me painting them a visual picture. After I got home, we had a great conversation about prayer and fasting. We really do recognize the Lord’s hand in our life. And Heavenly Father doesn’t always answer our prayers the way we think or in the time frame we expect but He always hears and answers our every prayer. Of this I am sure!!! What a faith promoting experience for all involved. There was such a sweet spirit in our home and it reminded me of what the Lord must define as Zion…being of one heart and one mind, working together for a common goal!
We have had so much bad happening the last few months that it was refreshing to have this miracle happen on the same day that the bank approved Dave and Kent’s construction contract for Joe to make up for the lost income from the coaching job. Also yesterday I hit my limit and in a moment of total mental and physical exhaustion I handed my burden over to the Lord because it was too hard for me to carry alone. I felt the sweet healing power of the atonement and my body relaxed for the first time in weeks. I am thankful to feel the Savior’s loving arms outstretched and encircling me all at once! We are blessed to have angels and people who love us constantly watching over us! This experience continues to humble and teach me of heavenly things!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home