Mouse Attack!
I have been incredibly sick the last 2 days with a stomach flu. I was home with Kristen and Will (who was also sick). I felt miserable and felt helpless as a mom. I dozed off while Kristen was napping. I woke up to Will shouting, "Mom, I see a mouse!" Obviously, I freaked! I was on the verge of throwing up anyway and was totally groggy and out of it. The logical thing to do of course, was to start screaming and hyperventilating! Sure enough we could see the mouse under our Christmas tree. I was not having any rational thoughts whatsoever I just knew I had to keep track of where the mouse was headed. I then grabbed the phone and called my 911-Mr. Jessop, who of course was in the middle of a lecture. His students got a kick out of hearing me scream on the phone.
My knight in shining armour came to my rescue. It took us one whole hour to catch the stupid thing! And of course, Kristen woke up from the screaming and sarted pooping..which is tramatic in and of itself! I kept yelling to Will who was standing and screaming on the couch "This is My Fear..Not Yours!" I tried reciting the poem mom had me memorize to get over my mouse phobia in Holland...."I think mice are rather nice...their tails are long their something something....something something something something..." You get the idea. I told Will that he needed to pay attention to dad because one day he would have to come home from his busy work day to take care of a mouse for his wife! He grinned and said, "Not if I marry a girl who isn't afraid of mice!" Ahh, that one is a thinker isn't he!
love, allie

2 Comments:
LOL!!!!
Allie, you have me laughing out loud! That is too funny!! (For me anyway)
-Leslie
Sounds like someone needs a cat!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home