Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

I found this poem on a website called www.sugardoodle.com and it reminded me of you, Dad:

What Makes A Dad?

God took the strength of a mountain, The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun, The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature, The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages, The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring, The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity, The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities, When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad

--Author Unknown

Thank you Dad for all you do for us! We all love you so very much. You are in our prayers always and especially now as you get ready for the big move out West! I can't believe that I missed sending cards on both Mother's Day and Father's Day this year. Having a fourth child has thrown me off my groove. I'll do better next year.

I wanted to let you know that I continue to look up to you. Thank you for teaching me to love my Savior. Thank you for teaching me about faith and prayer. Thank you for always honoring your priesthood. You are an amazing father! Thanks for loving mom and us kids so much. Have a very Happy Father's Day!

love, allie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home