Skiff of Snow Day
We finally got a skiff of snow last weekend. We were so thrilled that we had to pull the sleds out. One problem...Joe had the sleds locked in his truck and both he and Jansen were in Anaconda for a basketball game. I piled the kids in the van and went to the hardware store where we found these beauties! I know you are wondering where we found a hill steep enough to sled. On our septic hill!! (Remember that elevated septic we had to have put in when I was pregnant with Kristen? Yep! The very one was just steep enough to putter down.)
Carlie and Will played on the hill for over 3 hours!!! Can you imagine if we had gotten more than a skiff? We had so much fun! Even I got in on the action. We created a couple of runs so we could race. After a while, we actually picked up speed: we hit the horse fence on one side and shot out into the road on the other. Don't worry, we weren't going fast enought to do any damage.
Jansen and Joe teased me when they got home and found out. They claim the septic hill is much higher up than the "infamous" castle hill in Spain that I had a total freak out moment on. They said I must have been so brave to sled down an elevated septic hill! Go ahead and laugh. Are you done yet?? No really, go ahead and mock me!
Kristen slept through the whole afternoon so we'll have to get her in on the next photo shoot...if we ever get anymore snow. Till then, enjoy the pics of Carlie and Torpedo and Will with his Orange Disc!
love, allie

2 Comments:
OMG! That looks like so much fun Allie! And you totally ROCK in that picture!!! I didn't know you had it in you! LOL
PS: A Skiff is a boat right???
Truth be told...that is Carlie in the picture not me. LOL! I am the one behind the camera. Trust me...that was a good thing. Sorry to mislead. Also skiff refers to a condition of snow meaning very little but yes it is also a shallow, flat-bottomed open boat with sharp bow and square stern. (Don't worry I had to look it up in the dictionary to make sure.)
love, allie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home